- This event has passed.
Walk for Harmony Day
April 7 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Participate and Build Harmony together
We see it as our collective responsibility to demonstrate our shared values of pluralism through improving the quality of life of others and building harmonious relationships. Diversity is a fact, Pluralism is our choice and how we choose to respond to it.
The Walk for Harmony has three main components:
- The Walk – (2km) is an exploration and appreciation of diversity as participants encounter ‘checkpoints” every few 100metres where they are given an activity, educational information or quiz which they then discuss with fellow walkers along the path. These checkpoints will deliver the activity or content on topics of pluralism, appreciation of cultural diversity, the importance of understanding differences, establishing similarities etc
- The Stalls – local communities and civic society groups are invited to set up information stalls that showcase themselves and their work eg. Artwork, henna painting, rock painting, sustainability / green organisations, multicultural community groups, etc. Licenced food stalls will be selected to represent various cultural foods and invited to sell food, drinks and desserts
- The Entertainment – eclectic music and entertainment will be selected to represent various cultural groups and with an aim to educate and appreciate the music and dance, fashion fiesta of cultural costumes etc
How you can get involved:
We have a number of areas which we would invite and encourage community groups to get involved:
- Have an activity stall to showcase your art, crafts, activity and heritage of your community
- Participate in the Fashion Fiesta by wearing cultural costume, either for a wedding or celebration
- Provide some music for us to play through the day
- Promote this event within your community to attend and create harmony with other cultures and communities.